Subscribe by e-mail

Thursday, July 25, 2013

AAN day 39 - Birch Run, MI --> Port Huron, MI

Across America North - day 39 - Birch Run, MI --> Port Huron, MI

Today was a nice day --- very little wind, sunny skies, little traffic on most of the trip. I rode a middle section of about 50 miles hanging on to the back of a faster group so I went faster, too. They were kind enough to let me do that.

I've heard that it's not wise to get to the hotel too early because that means being there in time to unload the luggage. I view unloading luggage as an accomplishment. That means that I was fast enough to get there in time to do it.

Tomorrow, we cross into Canada for 3 days. Canada denied a visa to one person who is now riding his bike on the ultimate detour to Niagara Falls, NY. He's going alone around the US side of Lake Erie by way of Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, and Buffalo to Niagara Falls in 5 days.  Another person had an expired passport and managed to renew it in one day.  

I'm looking forward to going home.  It's still a good trip but it's gone on long enough now.  Breakfast is at 5:30 tomorrow and we'll be on the road at 6:30 to Canadian customs and an 82-mile day.  I could use some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment