Subscribe by e-mail

Friday, July 5, 2013

AAN day 19 - Rest day in Casper, WY

AAN day 19 - Rest day in Casper, WY

Today was a quiet day.  I did an errand, cleaned my bike, got a sandwich for tomorrow's lunch, and took a nap.  Ah, the blessings of a whole day of unstructured time.  Tomorrow, we're back to the riding day schedule and on our way to Lusk, Wyoming, 106 miles away.  The scenery will be what we've seen already and is pretty much summed up in a single picture.  Afternoon thunderstorms are predicted so we shouldn't dally at the SAG stops.

I am typical in not having turned on a TV for weeks.  The Edward Snowden affair is of interest to me so I look for news about that. 

The Iceland parliament will not consider legislation making Snowden a citizen before it goes into recess.  I was hoping that it would make him a citizen just as did for Bobby Fischer.  A well informed citizenry is essential to a functioning democracy.  Our government seems intent on secrecy and has fascist tendencies that ought to be frustrated and corrected.  "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

The alarm sounds at 5:15 tomorrow morning.  Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment