Subscribe by e-mail

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 02 - St. Helens, OR to Welches, OR 

The weather report was full of ominous warnings about rain, showers, thunderstorms, and a thesaurus full of ways to say the same thing. I think that I felt 2 or 3 drops and am not sure about that. Otherwise, a cool, dry day in Oregon. So I didn't make any use of the rain and cold weather clothing in my light, nylon backpack. It appears that I'll be wearing those clothes when we start tomorrow.

I didn't take a camera today. I know that my phone has a camera but it's just too hard to see outside. I just guess and shoot in the general direction. Maybe I'll post those pictures later but now it's too late.

The first half was an easy cruise mostly along the Columbia River. After that, the 3000 feet of climbing began in earnest. Yesterday was over 3000, today was over 3000, and tomorrow will be over 5000. Given yesterday's effort, I thought that today would be much harder than it was.

Tomorrow begins early with loading the luggage at 6:15. Time to tend to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment