Subscribe by e-mail

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Across America North - day 14 - Pocatello, ID --> Idaho Falls, ID

This should have been an easy day and I guess it was. It was easier than other days. It wasn't as easy as it looked possibly because of the cumulative effects of riding 990 miles in two weeks. We set off for Idaho Falls at about 7am and I arrived at about 1:30, long after most of the group. I stay too long at the SAG stop and stop too often.

Hundreds of miles of chip-seal road have been hard on my tires but especially hard on the rear one. With Teton Pass tomorrow, I was too worried about the rear tire to let it go any longer so I replaced it tonight. Whew.

Tomorrow we see a new state but only after about 60 miles. Then we get to climb Teton Pass. Practically everyone has been worried about this day. The two miles at the top of the pass are 10% and steeper. That's near the end of a 90-mile day. No wonder we're a little worried.


1 comment:

  1. Good going, Larry! I've been reading your posts every day. It's amazing what you are doing. You are passing through some of the same places we did earlier this summer - Portland and Teton Pass, for instance. The Garmin stats are very interesting. Keep up the good work, and I hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete