Subscribe by e-mail

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

AAN day 09 - rest day in Boise, ID

Across America North - day 09 - rest day in Boise, ID

Today we stay in Boise, a nice, small town where I could spend more time. But the schedule rules and tomorrow, early at least, if not brightly, we will pedal onward. When I sit on a real chair, I think, "this chair is sooo soft!"

The weather channel has become our favorite TV and smartphones everywhere are tuned to weather apps. The reports say that we'll be beyond toasty crossing Idaho and Wyoming. I followed the crowd yesterday and bought something called "Sue's Ice Cold Necklace". The directions say to "Soak 10 min. in tap water. Tube expands and stays cool for hours... Keeps you cool while gardening, camping, hiking, fishing, rafting, jogging, exercising, square dancing." I don't know what's in it or how it's better than a rag but I'll find out soon.

My roommate, Gar, and I went for a walk around town this morning. First, we we went down the street and took a left across the Snake River. On the bridge was a sign warning of legal peril if caught jumping within 50 feet of a floater. I can only assume that this means that people float down the river on inner tubes and other inflated things. That's one of my good memories of Florida --- it was good to float down the Itchetucknee in the summer.

Across the river was the Anne Frank Memorial park with extensive displays of text. The park was about an acre and tended with great care. From there we walked to the capitol. Boise is about the right size for walking and it's green, too. We'll see more of it starting at 4:00pm when a few of us will take the trolley tour of the city. Maybe I'll write about that later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment