Subscribe by e-mail

Friday, June 28, 2013

AAN day 12 - Twin Falls, ID --> Burley, ID

Today is the shortest day of the tour at 39 miles. However, with detours to Shoshone Falls and Twin Falls, it turned out to be 45 miles. That's still the shortest. The bonus miles had grades of 8% to 13% so they ought to have some extra credit.

Once again, we saw lots of farm land. Many farmhouses seemed to be tiny islands in a sea of green. I stopped quite a few times to take pictures of them but none of them seems good, at least on this little computer. Maybe if they were large prints... To allow that, I should make the resolution higher but there are disadvantages on the road.

If I were alone, I would take a day or two off but we roll on with a schedule to keep. The next rest day is in Casper, Wyoming, in about another week. I ride alone much of the time because I'm usually the only one who likes my (somewhat erratic) pace. I'm getting slower as we go so maybe I'll merge with the group behind me. It seems certain that I'll never catch the one ahead. As usual, the more uphill there is, the slower I get. The more downhill there is, the higher my relative standing. Maybe Minnesota and Michigan will be steadier and smoothe r for me.

We passed Woodstock Farm and Joni Mitchell's rendition of Woodstock came to mind but didn't persist long enough to be the song du jour.

The weather today was hot again with little to no wind and it's expected to continue tomorrow. The prediction is 91 degrees.



No comments:

Post a Comment