Subscribe by e-mail

Friday, August 2, 2013

AAN day 47 - Little Falls, NY --> Albany, NY

Across America North - day 47 - Little Falls, NY --> Albany, NY

What a nice day this was. Gentle hills, cool temperature, lovely bike paths along the Erie Canal that would become my usual route if I lived here all contributed to a day acclaimed by most as the best day of the tour.

My derailleurs needed a little adjusting today to have the use of my low gear. I'll definitely need my lowest gear tomorrow. More specifically, my chainrings are 53 and 39 and my cogs go from 11 to 29. So my lowest gear is 39x29, which ought to be enough for most but are an extra effort for heavyweights like me. The steepest hills tomorrow go up to 20% with quite a few stretches of 8%-14%.

We'll be in Vermont tomorrow on a day with a lot of climbing. We'll be in New Hampshire the day after tomorrow on a day with a lot of climbing. That means about 6300 feet tomorrow and 5000 feet the day after. The end is nigh. I can do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment